Social Selling for B2B
A quick overview for those just starting to understand the opportunity of Social Media
We often get asked how will social media help us, we are a Business to Business (B2B) company?
This is a common misunderstanding, where many businesses believe social media is only for Retail business and or Business to Consumers. (B2C)
Social media has been growing in reach dramatically for years now, but recently this growth has become exponential due to Covid-19
To see and understand just how the world has moved online to become a truly digital world there are no better links than these
Questions before you get started on Social Media
There are very few who would argue how much social media has impacted our lives.
For those now wanting to understand how to use social media for the purposes of growing their business’s I have put together some questions to be answered first ;
What's your current understanding of Social Media?
There are many steps that will begin to help you address the best answers to these questions but here are some additional questions that will help you to start your journey.
1. Are your corporate profiles on social media active and well managed?
What are these steps?
1) Set your goals and objectives / write these down and get your teams actively engaged
2) Build and train your team to assist you in bringing your business into today’s digital world
3) Provide any tools that will assist in this process so that your teams can see success quickly
4) Create a Social Media Plan for your organization. This is the most critical part of your digital transformation!
5) Measure everything you do!
6) Lastly and most importantly, take an active role and leading role in this process.
"8" Steps to start using Social Media for B2B
So, finally, how to use Social Media for B2B:
With Covid-19, face to face meetings have dwindled, traditional networking has as well.
Emails are less effective than ever, while no one answers a call today without knowing the caller ID first!
You have to communicate with your teams and customers where they spend most of their time...online through social media!!
Social media is here to stay.
No doubt there will be many new platforms to come and the way we access them will continue to evolve.
Traditional marketing for B2B business has had it’s final death blow delivered by COVID-19.
This does not mean that your company needs to suffer the same fate!
Begin the journey today and start asking the right questions so you can begin taking the right steps.
Your customers are already making the most of this new digital world and you can too!
Here are a couple more B2B corporate examples you can learn more from;
As you begin taking your first steps, don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have!!
Rick Rea &